Often families don't have the time or energy to research resources and tools outside of what the schools and/or city/state tell them about. Hiring a consultant is a way to amplify your capabilities and pass the burden to someone else, allowing you to focus on what matters most - time with your loved ones. Consultants aren't just for those who have no idea where to start, they are also for those who may not have the bandwidth to tackle one more thing, or just don't want to deal with anything else.
Not sure what, if anything, you should be doing? Or, perhaps you are overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done, but you don't know where to start. We'll work together to prioritize the items, and list them in a simple to follow checklist. If you're not sure where to start, we'll work together to determine what needs to be done and in what order, and you'll walk away with the information needed to make the next steps.
Sometimes we need nothing more than a nudge to keep us motivated, or a point in the right direction. As a single dad of a child w/ disabilities I know first-hand how important it is to be able to talk to someone who "gets-it". I'm happy to be your sounding board, help you talk through ideas and possible solutions before moving forward with implementation.
On top of the core services listed above, Special Needs Navigator also offers the following:
Listening to what families need, figuring out the resources the family already has or has tried, and pointing them in the direction for the type of help that is currently needed. Any non-medical concerns regarding your family member with special needs can be addressed in a consultation. Including, but not limited to:
- Coming to terms with the diagnosis & next steps
- Overview of resources given your child's diagnosis, interests & abilities
- Identifying which resources are best given your circumstances
- Explaining benefits (simplifying terms)
- Creating a checklist of "to do" items, and prioritizing
- Supporting adults, including information on insurance, Supplemental Security Income and Medicare and Medicaid
- Referrals to legal and financial resources specific to special needs families
- Information & referrals to Respite care resources through community programs
- Trainings and workshops
- Educational Consulting is not done, however a referral to an Educational Consultant in your area will be provided.
Get in Touch
During the free consult we'll discuss what you need, and we'll determine if I'm the best fit. If I'm not, I'll refer you to the resources I think are.